Best Christmas Movies

12:00 AM Kristiine 0 Comments

As many of you might not know it yet, but Christmas is my favorite holiday. Sometimes I start watching Christmas related movies already in September and really I'm not even ashamed of it. I like to watch movies (generally) couple of times a week since I don't usually spend my time in front of TV otherwise. I don't like scheduled series or movies, I make my own schedule and like to watch series and/or movies whenever I feel like it. So here is my TOP 10 favorite Christmas movies that I can really watch several times and never be tired of them. Starting from the last but not the least favorite.

10. 12 Dates of Christmas (2011) is about a woman who re-lives her Christmas Eve blind date about 12 times before she mke everything right and can let go of her past relationship and be happy. I find it's such a cute chick-flick movie.

9. Miracle on 34th Street (that movie has been made several times so it doesn't really matter which one you see) is just such a beautiful movie about love and believing of the miracles.

8. The Polar Express (2004) is definitely something for adults. I found the cartoon work absolutely amazing but at the same time a bit scary for the really small children to watch so check it out first and then rethink if you'd like your children to see some of the scenes. I think that the story can get a bit too complicated at times for the toddlers to handle.

7. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) I'm not the biggest fan of the Muppets but I'm somehow in love with this movie. I find it a lot better than the original Christmas Carol movie and the storytelling is on point.

6. Fred Claus (2007) is such a lovely story about Father Christmas and his older brother and really about family and that we need to love and take our family as they are.

5. Tomten är far till alla barnen (1999) is a Swedish Christmas movie about a huge family affair where the housewife Sara has children with different men and they are all coming over for Christmas Eve. Chaos, really! But extremly entertaining!


4. Home Alone (1990) Classic and always a good idea to rewatch it!

3. The Holiday (2006) Cameron Diaz does a really good job on her character and I just love the English countryside and villages. Amazing! And SNOW! Yes!

2. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992) well I actually like the sequal to first Home Alone much more. I think the storyline is kind of the same but I guess they have made the movie better. Little Kevin is just adorable!

1. Just Friends (2005) I watch it every year religiously and it is officially my favorite winter time movie. I like to take couple of snacks and a cup of warm tea and just watch it and laugh! It's such a funny and silly movie and I absolutely love Amy Smart and Ryan Reynolds in this too.

I hope there were some movies that you've not seen yet so I could somehow inspire you to have a cosy night-in with or without family and great laughs!

What is Your favorite holiday movie?

0 comments: